Login | Register

Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Hello! My name is Dastenhero, but most people call me either Luke or PTAlphaWolf online! (I also go by ProtectTheAlphaWolf and iHasPianoKeys. I have too many usernames XD)

I am currently a junior in high school, seventeen years old and living in the lovely land of upper Wisconsin. I am a dude, and enjoy writing, drawing, reading, playing video games and obsessing over cinema and television shows. Currently, my biggest fandoms are Marvel, the occasional Star Wars movie, musicals, anything thriller related and every so often, anime. I'm not a huge fan of anime anymore, but there are a couple of them that I can really get talking on, so feel free to talk to me about anything! I'm also a fan of Stranger Things. I know a lot of people really like that one.

As for writing, I write fiction, and currently am the author of a (very) small fanfiction on Wattpad based on the app "Avengers Academy." I'm hoping to use it as a way to improve my writing, and I may ask for some critiques on it here in the future. I love plotlines, character analysis and complex, dark plotlines, so if you know or are the author of any of my interests above, hit me up. I'm also currently in an obsession over the movie, The Greatest Showman. I may or may not be a research nerd on such topics XD

So yeah! Feel free to talk to me about whatever! I'd love to start some really cool relationships here. My main goal in writing is to wrestle with difficult subjects and provide a Christian answer for many of the problems we find in our world today. I hope to use this opportunity as a way to grow my faith and talk with some other believers!

Thanks!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hey!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:20 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Female
Welcome! (I've got a lot of usernames too, I know how you feel. lol)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Are you a published author?: Yes
Ahh, your avatar is making me happy. ^_^ Welcome to the family! You will fit right in--as I was reading your list of hobbies and likes, I was going, "Uh huh, most of us like that, yup, I know someone on here who's into that, oh, I'm into those things..." You definitely came to the right place! :dieshappy:

I started writing with fanfiction too! It is the perfect way to get started and refine your craft without the pressure of designing a marketable, for-profit completely original franchise. Sometimes I wish I had stayed active on my fanfiction sites... ahh!

Anyway, feel free to share the links to the stuff you have posted! Otherwise, whenever you're obsessing about something, start a thread about it in the Watchtower. Then we can all fan-obsess together. ^_^

*buries you in cupcakes and wanders back to schoolwork*

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:41 am 
Writer
Writer

I missed the whole "fan fiction" thing. Maybe I was too early or just too isolated to see what others were doing. My habit grew from role-playing games; I would write scenes myself since most DMs couldn't run as much as I wanted to play.

You can check that with atpollard, if you like. :roll:

One of the real recommendations I'd make is to try lots of genres and styles. Find what enthuses you most and skip what others think you should write about or what style to use. Stay in what enthuses you and it will carry you through the rough times and hard work.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:08 am 

Welcome to Holy Worlds!

Domici wrote:
I missed the whole "fan fiction" thing. Maybe I was too early or just too isolated to see what others were doing. My habit grew from role-playing games; I would write scenes myself since most DMs couldn't run as much as I wanted to play.

I would argue that writing for existing RPGs fits the same niche as fanfiction: you're building a story that, instead of standing freely on its own, is more or less a "lean-to" built on someone else's existing world and/or characters and/or plot. Whatever form it takes, this is a phase that many, perhaps most, authors seem to move through. (And all fiction builds on existing literature in one way or another, just usually more subtly :))

Author of A Year in Verse, a self-published illustrated collection of poetry: available in paperback and on Kindle.

My blog includes the following "departments":
  • Background on the Shine Cycle, my planned fantasy series, spanning over two centuries of an imagined world's history, several universes (including various alternate histories and our own future), and the stories of dozens of characters (many from our world).
  • Strategic Primer, a strategy game I'm developing, played by email, assisted by programs I'm developing. The current campaign (moving slowly, less than one turn a month) always needs more players.
  • My poetry.
  • Miscellaneous essays.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:36 pm 
Writer
Writer

Welcome to HolyWorlds!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. -Proverbs 4:23

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:44 pm 
Captain
Captain

Welcome to Holy Worlds! Sorry I'm incredibly late joining the party! :)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile