Login | Register







Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 am 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Long lost in the wilds of my brain
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
You guys are doing fabulously! I'm way behind (I just hit 5,000 words), but I've been adding to my word count every day, and that feels really good after having a story idea for three years and not writing at all. So, I call it a win! It's good to be actually writing instead of just thinking about it. :)

_________________
Insane? I prefer to call it creative.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:08 pm
Posts: 556
Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Alias Ember wrote:
You guys are doing fabulously! I'm way behind (I just hit 5,000 words), but I've been adding to my word count every day, and that feels really good after having a story idea for three years and not writing at all. So, I call it a win! It's good to be actually writing instead of just thinking about it. :)


Sounds like you're already winning; high word count is just icing on the cake!

_________________
Firster, Free Trade League


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Florida
Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Age: 09 Jan 1962
Alias Ember wrote:
You guys are doing fabulously! I'm way behind (I just hit 5,000 words), but I've been adding to my word count every day, and that feels really good after having a story idea for three years and not writing at all. So, I call it a win! It's good to be actually writing instead of just thinking about it. :)

I don't know about WAY behind. I am at 5457 words. Which is only an issue if the goal of 50,000 words by November 30 is what matters to me (it is not). At 418 words a day, I can still reach 50,000 words by February 28, 2018. :D

... but I don't think this will be a 50,000 word book. When it is finished, I stop writing and it is, however many words it is. Let's face it, just writing is fun.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:14 pm
Posts: 278
Location: FL (Formerly WY/SD)
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Age: 18 Sep 1979
atpollard wrote:
... but I don't think this will be a 50,000 word book. When it is finished, I stop writing and it is, however many words it is. Let's face it, just writing is fun.


This. <3 My hubby is rather baffled but that's ok. I'm a bit baffled at how much time he spends pokemoning. To each his own! :D

Oh - and the best thing happened. I had an epiphany yesterday for making my story a bit more unique. And I was running over the synopsis with my sister, who's one of my best brainstorming partners. My 13-year-old daughter came through the room, overheard and interrupted to ask, "What book is this you're reading? I want to read it too!" :dieshappy: And now she's champing at the bit for me to finish it. Quite a contrast to last weeks reaction of, "Mom's writing again... :roll:"

_________________
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
Avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:17 pm
Posts: 8738
Location: Kansas City area
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
Lady Sparks wrote:
atpollard wrote:
... but I don't think this will be a 50,000 word book. When it is finished, I stop writing and it is, however many words it is. Let's face it, just writing is fun.


This. <3 My hubby is rather baffled but that's ok. I'm a bit baffled at how much time he spends pokemoning. To each his own! :D

Oh - and the best thing happened. I had an epiphany yesterday for making my story a bit more unique. And I was running over the synopsis with my sister, who's one of my best brainstorming partners. My 13-year-old daughter came through the room, overheard and interrupted to ask, "What book is this you're reading? I want to read it too!" :dieshappy: And now she's champing at the bit for me to finish it. Quite a contrast to last weeks reaction of, "Mom's writing again... :roll:"


I love this! I'm so happy for y'all. :D

_________________
Give me coffee or give me death!
Lieutenant General Aubrey Leah Hansen
author, screenwriter, co-owner of Penoaks Publishing

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 am 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Long lost in the wilds of my brain
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
atpollard wrote:
I don't know about WAY behind. I am at 5457 words. Which is only an issue if the goal of 50,000 words by November 30 is what matters to me (it is not). At 418 words a day, I can still reach 50,000 words by February 28, 2018. :D

... but I don't think this will be a 50,000 word book. When it is finished, I stop writing and it is, however many words it is. Let's face it, just writing is fun.


Writing is fun. A lot of work, too. But it is amazing when these ideas that have been in your head who knows how long are finally there on the page (or in my case screen) in front of you. It's one of the most satisfying things I know. Why did it take me this long to find that out? :)

Lady Sparks wrote:
Oh - and the best thing happened. I had an epiphany yesterday for making my story a bit more unique. And I was running over the synopsis with my sister, who's one of my best brainstorming partners. My 13-year-old daughter came through the room, overheard and interrupted to ask, "What book is this you're reading? I want to read it too!" :dieshappy: And now she's champing at the bit for me to finish it. Quite a contrast to last weeks reaction of, "Mom's writing again... :roll:"


That is fantastic, truly the best! Way to go! :dieshappy:

_________________
Insane? I prefer to call it creative.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:08 pm
Posts: 556
Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Math and work load suggest I'm not going to make 50,000 since the story I'm writing isn't exactly the one that was written. Kinda bummed, kinda happy. Not sure.

_________________
Firster, Free Trade League


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:31 pm 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:14 pm
Posts: 278
Location: FL (Formerly WY/SD)
Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
Age: 18 Sep 1979
As of Wednesday, my nano has been completely derailed. My kiddo got her first case ever of head lice. D: It's been days of laundry and combing and treatments ever since. I had no idea how difficult it is to get rid of this stuff and she can't go back to school if the nurse can find 3 nits. I'm hoping we're almost through it and I'll be able to start trying to catch up in the next day or two. :bawl:

_________________
Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm 
Writer
Writer
Avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Florida
Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Age: 09 Jan 1962
Lady Sparks wrote:
As of Wednesday, my nano has been completely derailed. My kiddo got her first case ever of head lice. D: It's been days of laundry and combing and treatments ever since. I had no idea how difficult it is to get rid of this stuff and she can't go back to school if the nurse can find 3 nits. I'm hoping we're almost through it and I'll be able to start trying to catch up in the next day or two. :bawl:


Been there, done that.

Our daughter was getting lice from her school so often that we started to become concerned about the frequency of chemical treatments. Research turned up Cetaphil Moisturizer as a safe lice treatment. (You can google it). It works as well as the other treatments. We also found Teatree oil added to the shampoo bottle worked well at keeping lice from returning from any other students at school.

Long thick hair, lots of combing and piles of blankets and sheets and pillows to wash was no fun. You have my sympathy.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: