Login | Register

Post subject: Re: NaNo, anyone?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 am 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
You guys are doing fabulously! I'm way behind (I just hit 5,000 words), but I've been adding to my word count every day, and that feels really good after having a story idea for three years and not writing at all. So, I call it a win! It's good to be actually writing instead of just thinking about it. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:01 am 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Alias Ember wrote:
You guys are doing fabulously! I'm way behind (I just hit 5,000 words), but I've been adding to my word count every day, and that feels really good after having a story idea for three years and not writing at all. So, I call it a win! It's good to be actually writing instead of just thinking about it. :)

Sounds like you're already winning; high word count is just icing on the cake!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 pm 
Writer
Writer

Are you a published author?: Yes
Alias Ember wrote:

I don't know about WAY behind. I am at 5457 words. Which is only an issue if the goal of 50,000 words by November 30 is what matters to me (it is not). At 418 words a day, I can still reach 50,000 words by February 28, 2018. :D

... but I don't think this will be a 50,000 word book. When it is finished, I stop writing and it is, however many words it is. Let's face it, just writing is fun.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:45 pm 
Writer
Writer

atpollard wrote:
... but I don't think this will be a 50,000 word book. When it is finished, I stop writing and it is, however many words it is. Let's face it, just writing is fun.

This. <3 My hubby is rather baffled but that's ok. I'm a bit baffled at how much time he spends pokemoning. To each his own! :D

Oh - and the best thing happened. I had an epiphany yesterday for making my story a bit more unique. And I was running over the synopsis with my sister, who's one of my best brainstorming partners. My 13-year-old daughter came through the room, overheard and interrupted to ask, "What book is this you're reading? I want to read it too!" :dieshappy: And now she's champing at the bit for me to finish it. Quite a contrast to last weeks reaction of, "Mom's writing again... :roll:"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lady Sparks wrote:
atpollard wrote:

This. <3 My hubby is rather baffled but that's ok. I'm a bit baffled at how much time he spends pokemoning. To each his own! :D

Oh - and the best thing happened. I had an epiphany yesterday for making my story a bit more unique. And I was running over the synopsis with my sister, who's one of my best brainstorming partners. My 13-year-old daughter came through the room, overheard and interrupted to ask, "What book is this you're reading? I want to read it too!" :dieshappy: And now she's champing at the bit for me to finish it. Quite a contrast to last weeks reaction of, "Mom's writing again... :roll:"

I love this! I'm so happy for y'all. :D

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:40 am 
Writer
Writer

atpollard wrote:
I don't know about WAY behind. I am at 5457 words. Which is only an issue if the goal of 50,000 words by November 30 is what matters to me (it is not). At 418 words a day, I can still reach 50,000 words by February 28, 2018. :D

Writing is fun. A lot of work, too. But it is amazing when these ideas that have been in your head who knows how long are finally there on the page (or in my case screen) in front of you. It's one of the most satisfying things I know. Why did it take me this long to find that out? :)

Lady Sparks wrote:

That is fantastic, truly the best! Way to go! :dieshappy:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:08 pm 
Writer
Writer

Math and work load suggest I'm not going to make 50,000 since the story I'm writing isn't exactly the one that was written. Kinda bummed, kinda happy. Not sure.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:31 pm 
Writer
Writer

As of Wednesday, my nano has been completely derailed. My kiddo got her first case ever of head lice. D: It's been days of laundry and combing and treatments ever since. I had no idea how difficult it is to get rid of this stuff and she can't go back to school if the nurse can find 3 nits. I'm hoping we're almost through it and I'll be able to start trying to catch up in the next day or two. :bawl:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:26 pm 
Writer
Writer

Lady Sparks wrote:
As of Wednesday, my nano has been completely derailed. My kiddo got her first case ever of head lice. D: It's been days of laundry and combing and treatments ever since. I had no idea how difficult it is to get rid of this stuff and she can't go back to school if the nurse can find 3 nits. I'm hoping we're almost through it and I'll be able to start trying to catch up in the next day or two. :bawl:

Been there, done that.

Our daughter was getting lice from her school so often that we started to become concerned about the frequency of chemical treatments. Research turned up Cetaphil Moisturizer as a safe lice treatment. (You can google it). It works as well as the other treatments. We also found Teatree oil added to the shampoo bottle worked well at keeping lice from returning from any other students at school.

Long thick hair, lots of combing and piles of blankets and sheets and pillows to wash was no fun. You have my sympathy.

Offline Profile