Login | Register

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Leadership Roles Explained
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:37 pm 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
There have been some changes in the Leadership Roles recently. One of the concerns I was hearing was that our Leadership system was too complicated. I hope that with these new systems you find that the Ranks have been greatly simplified and explained. This post will also explain how you can be involved in Leadership, and how members can serve Holy Worlds in the ranks.

Editors:

Editors are a team of volunteers who help maintain quality in posting around Holy Worlds. Editors clean up typos, misspellings, and simple grammar errors in others posts. This means they have the power to edit any post on the forums, a power they are expected to wield responsibly. To recognize them for their contribution, they are awarded the blue color. Also, if openings for new Moderators arise, current Editors are likely to be given preference in consideration when new Moderators are brought on.

Officers

Officers are a group of mature members who have been given the authority to moderate the forum. They make sure the forum runs smoothly, not only working on the technical side of moderating, keeping each room functioning smoothly, but they also work on Public Relations alongside the Captains, handling situations that arise delicately and maturely. Dedication to the forum is required from Officers, more so than Cadets since there is a lot more work and responsibility that comes with the Officers’ role. Officers must have the ability to lead others, to encourage quality posting and mature discussion, to interact with other Members, directing them when needed, and to organize and manage their respective jobs with maturity. Officers promotions will be sought from the Cadet group by Lt. General Hansen; therefore if you have a willingness to serve as an Officer, speak to Captain Nemo Marlene about joining the Cadets.

Captains

Captains are the highest authority on the forum, with the Administrator as their leader. They are not only responsible for guiding the individual forums, but they are also required to guide the entire vision of Holy Worlds. They are trusted individuals, who hold the highest level of responsibility; a great deal of time commitment, willingness to serve, maturity and self-confidence is expected from the Captains, as well as the ability to see a task or project through to completion. They are the go to people on questions of policy and approval to changes within Holy Worlds and any concerns or thoughts you may want to bring up. Not only are Captain’s visionaries, they also complete a lot of administrative work: seeking out problems in the community and problem solving, leading projects, working on tasks behind the scenes, encouraging others to lead and see through projects and tasks that need completing. They work one to one with Users, answering questions, addressing concerns, listening to suggestions, and working on User Handling with the Officers. Captains are also advisers to the Administrator, their Group Leader, on all matters within the forum, and forum policy. Promotions into the Marcher Lord group will be made by Lady Elanor.

Honour Roll Members

Honour Roll Members are not a rank – they are a group of members who do a lot of work on the forums, quietly upholding the vision of Holy Worlds, but are not in Leadership. They do not have a specific role/job on the forum; the group will be a badge of honour for people who give a lot of time and effort to the forums, but have no wish to be involved in the Leadership. Therefore no job is required of them; it’s an honour we bestow on them because of the dedication, work and time they give to Holy Worlds. Members who are in the HRM Group will not be recruited into the ranks; therefore if you wish to be involved in Leadership, then you should join the Cadets. Promotions into the Honour Roll Members group will be made by Lady Elanor.

If you have any questions then please just ask.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Leadership Roles Explained
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:07 pm 
Editor
Editor

Sex: Male
This isn't a description of all the usergroups though, right?

Balec can erase the memories of others. He has the powers and talents of a gorilla, but only for five minutes at a time. Balec is protected by an adamantium-like hide and can transform any sloth into air, and can transform kevlar into ice. Balec has been known to absorb the damage from energy-based attacks and redirect it against any combatant in sight. He can tunnel through solid plastic, but doing so drains his endurance for one hour. Balec is able to view distant locations with his mind.
He can force creatures to freeze in place and can become tiny. Sadly, Balec becomes ugly in the presence of silver, and struggles with being unable to smell.

"When does school end? Every moment of life teaches you something." ~Philosopher Balec, Dec. 2nd, 2014 (Profound sayings)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:15 pm 
Captain
Captain

Balec Verge wrote:
This isn't a description of all the usergroups though, right?

Bar Admin, yes. Which do you think are missing?

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:21 pm 
Editor
Editor

Well, this is just the leadership roles, and since that's the name of the thread, I guess it's okay. I was thinking about the Art Gallery Team, Prayer Team, Blog Team, Editing Group, etc. - all the ones listed in the usergroups in the UCP.

Balec can erase the memories of others. He has the powers and talents of a gorilla, but only for five minutes at a time. Balec is protected by an adamantium-like hide and can transform any sloth into air, and can transform kevlar into ice. Balec has been known to absorb the damage from energy-based attacks and redirect it against any combatant in sight. He can tunnel through solid plastic, but doing so drains his endurance for one hour. Balec is able to view distant locations with his mind.
He can force creatures to freeze in place and can become tiny. Sadly, Balec becomes ugly in the presence of silver, and struggles with being unable to smell.

"When does school end? Every moment of life teaches you something." ~Philosopher Balec, Dec. 2nd, 2014 (Profound sayings)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:23 pm 
Captain
Captain

Balec Verge wrote:
Well, this is just the leadership roles, and since that's the name of the thread, I guess it's okay. I was thinking about the Art Gallery Team, Prayer Team, Blog Team, Editing Group, etc. - all the ones listed in the usergroups in the UCP.

Ooh no, yes this is just explaining the main Leadership roles, and the HRM. :)

J. R. R. Tolkien

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Are you a published author?: Yes
This is very good, definitely a good improvement.

Thank you for working this out Lady Elanor!

Tsahraf is Hebrew, meaning to refine, cast, melt, purge away, try.

Chahsid Mimetes means Follower of the Holy One, or saint.

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
I Corinthians 11:1

May Sir Emeth Mimetes find you doing this.
Thank you, in Gods name, thank you.

My Book on Amazon.

Come see the Sub-forum for my Otherworld.

One of my posts: Introducing You to Iniel (third update)

A Servant of The Author
My Google+ Posts
Pinterest Pictures

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:48 pm 
Captain
Captain

You're most welcome. :)

J. R. R. Tolkien

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]