Login | Register

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Rules Reposting
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:20 am 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
As an interim fix I figured I'd hash through the source code on the rules and post them here in a readable form, for future reference:

Forum Purpose and Mission

To glorify God by our conduct, displaying the light of Christ's transforming power, and being a witness to all of the transcendent nature of our God. Therefore, the first pillar of our forum is Godliness.
To exemplify an exceptionally good quality and maturity in all our interaction, showing God's standards of excellence written on our hearts. Therefore, the second pillar of our forum is Quality.
To maintain an atmosphere of loving and considerate restraint from worldly, ungodly, or fleshly licentiousness. We will strive always to make our forum be safe for people of any age, gender, or reasonable sensitivities. Therefore, the third pillar of our forum is Purity.
To help each and every person who has the opportunity to interact with this forum to come away encouraged, blessed, equipped, and exhorted for God's service. Therefore, the fourth pillar of our forum is Exhortation.

Forum Focus

This forum is here to help Christian writers of fantasy fiction in particular, and fiction in general, to learn, be equipped, encouraged, exhorted, and helped in their Godly endeavor.
We are here to learn what it is that makes writing Christian, and how we are to go about attaining that goal. We want always to glorify God in our writing, and to serve His kingdom ably.

Guidelines for Content and Conduct

All new threads and posts need to be within the forum focus, and designed to encourage intelligent and Godly discussion.
No content may be posted that is in any way derogatory, antagonistic, attacking, or in any other way not Christ-like towards another person. Disagreement is fine, but assault is not.
All content should reflect mature and knowledgeable thought, not juvenile, useless, and wasteful banter. Fun teasing is allowed in moderation, but should be constrained to rooms that specifically allow it, or more preferably, private messages. This means that each post should pertain directly to the topic at hand, and not be a diversion.
All content should not only be free of vice, but productive and edifying to its readers. Something may be of good quality, pure, and godly even, but still not be very useful. This kind of content should be avoided.
Proper attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraphs, and focus should always be given to each post. The point is not how many posts you make, but how much effort you put into each post.

Avatars may be uploaded into the Holy Worlds Development Folder in Google docs (contact a Marcher Lord for help with this if needed) for submission into the avatar gallery. Only avatars that match the following criteria will be permitted:
All avatars should glorify God. If something would be inappropriate to post in the forums, it is inappropriate to post graphically as an avatar.
No humanoid forms. Period. That means no android robots, no knights in armor, no men, no girls, no elves, no dwarves, no nothing. The only part of a human that you are permitted to include in an avatar is a human hand or a human eye.
No animations or clip art (meaning flat, cartoony art).
Avatars must fit within an abstract, medieval essence, maintaining a low key profile in the site. They should not be distracting.
No promotions of other sites, unless approved specifically by me.
Avatars should be in png, jpg, or gif format.
Final say goes to Sir Emeth Mimetes if there is a controversy over an avatar fits the above criteria or not.

The forum team are the authorities, and their decisions should be regarded as final. If you feel that a lower ranking forum team has misjudged a situation, you are welcome to contact him privately about it. If he maintains his position, then contact an administrator, who will deal with the situation.
Be willing to accept disagreement, and refrain from embarking upon debates, however much you may enjoy them. These tend to be divisive, for even if you might be able to refrain from becoming angry and bitter from a hot dispute, others might not be able to. Please always avoid angry arguments, but rather seek to first listen, then understand, then to sympathize, and only then seek to make your own position more clearly understood. Most arguments are merely misunderstandings.
The Bible is always our highest authority. If you do not believe in the complete inspiration, inerrancy, and preservation of the Scriptures, then this forum is not your place.

Organization of Forum

In the forum there is a profound difference between private messages, posts in threads, and posts on the blog. The difference is that a private message is private, personal, informal, and unmoderated. These can be sent on any topic, at any time, and to anyone (within the bounds of the permissions that apply). A post is required to maintain a clear thought and stay on-topic. So if one person says something, and you want to comment about what he said that is not directly pertinent to the main topic, then you must do it in a private message, not in a post. Remember, however, that private messages, however much unmoderated, need to be constrained to the standards that this forum upholds. Posting on the blog is reserved for finished work pertaining to the site's purpose.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rules Reposting
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:17 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
Thanks Reiyen; that is very helpful :)

eru

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sex: Female
Yes - thank you very much, Reiyen!

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:13 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

And Dieki says the rules are back online. :D

Floyd was frozen where he stood. He struggled to breathe, but the air smelled of blood and death and guilt. He tried to formulate a name, to ask, but language was meaningless, and words would not come. He tried to scream but the sound got stuck in his heart, shattered into a million pieces, and scattered to the wind.

In a world without superheroes, who will stand against the forces of evil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:16 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Hip hip, hoorah! Three cheers for Dieki!!!

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]