Login | Register

Post subject: Round robin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:50 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
I tried searching the archives - has a round-robin game been done before? I thought it would be fun to take turns, like the Question game, but everyone write a couple of sentences or a small paragraph.
The sound of laughter drifted up from the street below.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Round robin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
She walked below. The same slow pace. The same time. Three days running. Having seen little more than the top of her floppy hat he was nonetheless entranced.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:43 am 
Writer
Writer

(I've never played Round-Robin before. How is it done? :D )

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. -Proverbs 4:23

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:29 pm 
Writer
Writer

(It's a continue-the-story game. Just read the sentences above and continue the story with a sentence - or a few - of your own!)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:40 pm 
Writer
Writer

(I might jump in later, but characters are so complicated and frustrating right now. Renn is a pain. :P I think it's his way of retaliating for what I put him through. :roll: Have fun though!)

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. -Proverbs 4:23

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 am 
Writer
Writer

Are you a published author?: Yes
Lady Sparks wrote:

Domici wrote:
She walked below. The same slow pace. The same time. Three days running. Having seen little more than the top of her floppy hat he was nonetheless entranced.

"You should just talk to her." came the voice of the roommate, jarring him back from the dream passing below to the reality of their shared flat.

"I might try later but things are so complicated and frustrating right now." I responded. 'Renn is a pain. I think this is his way of retaliating for what I put him through.' I thought to myself.

Seemed a shame to waste all those words, so I recycled them. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:27 am 
Writer
Writer

atpollard wrote:
Lady Sparks wrote:

Domici wrote:

"You should just talk to her." came the voice of the roommate, jarring him back from the dream passing below to the reality of their shared flat.

"I might try later but things are so complicated and frustrating right now." I responded. 'Renn is a pain. I think this is his way of retaliating for what I put him through.' I thought to myself.

Seemed a shame to waste all those words, so I recycled them. :)

"Women are complex creatures," said my roommate, leaning back in his chair, his index fingers pressed together beneath his nose. His Buscomb pipe lay on the desk beside him. "If you aren't willing to deal with the "complicated" and the "frustrating", your mind might be put to better use elsewhere. Consider this article -" he produced a newspaper from inside his coat and handed it to me. "On page 8. Right column."

I just used the one-in-a-million chance, so we're out of that too. - Trajectory

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford

Unless we do the good that we could, we will neither see, nor ever be, what we should. - K.L.B.

Could smoke from the grill be indicative of razing the steaks?

Nah, I'm not special. Or I wasn't, and I didn't end up being the kind of special I wanted. That's...okay. I guess. - Andy Bridger

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:42 pm 
Writer
Writer

DoodleWriter wrote:
atpollard wrote:
Lady Sparks wrote:

Domici wrote:

"Women are complex creatures," said my roommate, leaning back in his chair, his index fingers pressed together beneath his nose. His Buscomb pipe lay on the desk beside him. "If you aren't willing to deal with the "complicated" and the "frustrating", your mind might be put to better use elsewhere. Consider this article -" he produced a newspaper from inside his coat and handed it to me. "On page 8. Right column."

We've changed POVs somewhere. lol

"Dog Gets Job at Supermarket." I raised my eyebrows at Renn. "What are you trying to say?"

Renn heaved a sigh as his chair dropped back to the floor. He leaned forward and tapped a meaty index finger on the page. "Below that one. Woman's Red Trench Coat Only Clue in Space Needle Heist."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 pm 
Writer
Writer

Lady Sparks wrote:
DoodleWriter wrote:
atpollard wrote:
Lady Sparks wrote:

Domici wrote:

We've changed POVs somewhere. lol

"Dog Gets Job at Supermarket." I raised my eyebrows at Renn. "What are you trying to say?"

Renn heaved a sigh as his chair dropped back to the floor. He leaned forward and tapped a meaty index finger on the page. "Below that one. Woman's Red Trench Coat Only Clue in Space Needle Heist."

I looked up at him with a snort. "You can't be serious."

Carmen Sandiego is a myth, a conjured-up villain used by struggling museums to collect on their insurance policies. Admittedly, the space theme is new, but isn't that where everyone goes when they run out of ideas?

Renn gave me an eyebrow raise of his own, and picked up his pipe. He seemed to be waiting for me to agree with him.

I threw up my hands in exasperation. "At least my girl troubles are real."

Renn stood and snatched his coat from his bed, chomping furiously at his pipe.

"Where are you going?" I asked, following his movement with my head.

He glanced back at me, raised his eyebrows again, and disappeared through the door with a slam.

Silence for a moment.

How did that conversation start in the first place? The newspaper? No, something before that..

I was looking out the window and -

Oh for goodness sake.

He's really lost it this time.

The red, floppy hat. Does he realize how many red, floppy hats there are in London?

I just used the one-in-a-million chance, so we're out of that too. - Trajectory

Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford

Unless we do the good that we could, we will neither see, nor ever be, what we should. - K.L.B.

Could smoke from the grill be indicative of razing the steaks?

Nah, I'm not special. Or I wasn't, and I didn't end up being the kind of special I wanted. That's...okay. I guess. - Andy Bridger

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:00 pm 
Writer
Writer

Hahaha - yes! I was hoping you'd make the connection! :dieshappy:

Offline Profile