Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Your Favorite Part.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:35 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: No
What do you like best when you finish a book? The answer and reason is different for every writer. Some writers like finishing a book, others like starting. Some writers like revising, others would prefer to outline all day. So, what do you like best? Is it one of the above mentioned or something else? Why do you like it best?

My favorite part of writing a book is finishing it. You get a very accomplished feeling, especially after you revise it then go back to read the whole thing through. ;)

Bethany Faith

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Your Favorite Part.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:00 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

My favorite part about writing a book is also finishing it. Even though the short story I finished is being expanded to a novel, it was still an incredible feeling to know I completed something. ^///^

I must say I also love revising and editing my stuff. When I'm not trying to accomplish a book, I'm editing, editing, editing. Currently, I am rewriting a fan fiction *facepalm* to practice outlining and I am determined to finish it. If I can finish that, then I can finish my own story! *determined*

~Calen

참을성~ (Persevere~)

My Tumbr blog: Persevere Always

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:56 pm 
Captain
Captain

I think my favourite part is finishing it too. I also like writing the plot and working all my characters out. :D

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:02 am 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: Yes
I like outlining, writing, and finishing. :D

....::::My Blog::::....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I like finishing it (seriously, you should have seen my happy spazzy dances :D), but I think my favorite part would be revising it. Which is why I revise halfway through the draft :P Just the physical act of beating the story down like at a forge and rebuilding it stronger is really fun :D

eruheran

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

My favorite parts are the character development, starting, and revising. Hence why I have very few finished stories... :P

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Finishing a book is incredible. You're so near the end you can taste it, you're so giddy with excitement you can barely sit still to write, you're so wrapped up in your characters that you're ready to cry over killing them (because someone always gets killed) but it's like reading the end of a book, you can't tear yourself away so you keep writing, glued to the page until the last word is written and the last tear is shed and everyone who's still alive gets to live happily ever after *stops for breath*.

I love finishing books. It makes the six months or two years it takes to write them more than worth it. Just thinking about it makes me want to go work harder on my WIP so that I can finish one of them! :D

Floyd was frozen where he stood. He struggled to breathe, but the air smelled of blood and death and guilt. He tried to formulate a name, to ask, but language was meaningless, and words would not come. He tried to scream but the sound got stuck in his heart, shattered into a million pieces, and scattered to the wind.

In a world without superheroes, who will stand against the forces of evil?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:58 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

@Jaynin: That is true. :) Which is why I wrote 15,000 words in a day; I was so eager to finish! :D

eruheran

I am a dreamer of big dreams: a student of wisdom, a reader of books, and a crafter of words. I am a servant of my Master who has rescued me. I am an adventurer, living my life to the fullest. Will you join me on this wild journey?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 am 

I'm gonna be the oddball here and say that I love starting them. There are so many ideas floating around in my head and so many ways to weave them in and so many possibilities to implement. *squirms with excitement*

It also gives me a chance to pray and ask God what He wants me to do with the story. It helps to do that before I get involved and frustrated with it. There's also the opportunity to ask Him to help me fit it all together. It's so fun to see how they turn out. :rofl:

Of course, there's always the rogue story that won't cooperate and simply refuses to start itself. Then again, maybe it's me that's the problem...hmm... :P

2 Corinthians 3:17 ~ Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

eleutheria - Greek for liberty

My blog:
http://exhortationsbyelizabeth.blogspot.com
A fan of my book?
http://facebook.com/wingstrilogy/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:28 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

*nods * I'm with E. I love starting stories. I also like writing things chronologically. I mean, I do write the occasional scene that I can't afford to lose, but for the most part, I try and focus on "what happens next". The beginning just has so many possibilities!

The Rainbow in the Storm- My Blog

Be careful of your thoughts; guard your mind, for your thoughts become words. Be guarded when you speak, for your words turn into action. Watch what you do, for your actions will become habits. Be wary of your habits, for they become your character. Pray over your character; strive to mold it to the image of Christ, because your character will shape your destiny.

Ideas can germinate from the smallest seeds. Collect those seeds, and let them grow in the back of your mind. You may be surprised by what finally blooms.

When God takes something from your grasp, he's not punishing you. Instead, He’s opening your hands to receive something better. The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Works in progress:

The Diegosian Mark, 115,600 words (Preparing for Publication)
The Diegosian Rider, 121,400 words (Finished)
The Diegosian Warrior, 15,000 (In Progress)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:00 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I'm like Airianna in the way of writing chronologically. Unfortunately, I find first chapters the hardest. :x Once I get past that things usually start falling in place. Except, of course, the occasional thought blocks. I wouldn't consider it writer's block because it doesn't last long...it's just slower writing. :P

참을성~ (Persevere~)

My Tumbr blog: Persevere Always

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:03 pm 
Writer
Writer

I like thinking up a new idea, then reading it all when the story seems to jump onto the page :rofl:

I won NANOWRIMO 2011!!!

Albert Einstein asked a question that sometimes makes me hazy: " Am I or are the others crazy ?” ;)

"I once said I would kill this man but now I'm multipling him?" Ana shouted to the sky almost crying as she did so.
The tall dark Assasian Maverick stood watching her, his inqisitive eyes locked on her like a bird on its prey, he had heard what she had said, it came like an avelanch to him, His and Ana's life was about to get a lot more complicated
(This about somes up my storys plot)

Please vistit me and my brothers web-site:
http://www.descendantsofdisciples.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

That is fun, Ana :)

Can't I just say I like writing altogether?

eruheran

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 am 
Writer
Writer

I do like finishing stories, but I seem to have a hard time being satisfied with the ending, so that kind of takes away some of the excitement. :P

I'd have to say one of my favorite parts of writing is the discoveries I make about the characters and the worlds. Talking with Arien one night and finally realizing how I had a bunch of stories that had these little aspects that connected them and showed they actually took place in the same world. A suggestion from an older brother made me realize how a short story I was working on fit into the history of that world, and the more I thought about it the better it fit. Realizing the basis behind Cehlrym's new rebellious streak. Discovering a new race because Arien made a comment about having a sunken continent like Atlantis. (Mind, I've hardly developed said race, but the discovery was awesome.) Those moments are so exciting for me, when the pieces fall together. It might also be why I love developing new ideas. There's so much potential for new things to fall into place.

You have blue skin with orange polka dots. Four eyes, one red, one yellow, one green, and one blue. You have four arms, two are furry and two are scaly. One ear is a floppy dog's ear and the other is a pointy dog's ear. Your hair is a mess of tentacles. You have the body of a centaur, with four wings and two tails (both with feathers on the end). Two wings are pink. The other two are green and black, respectively. You have a row of sharp spines going down your back (very sharp). You also hiccup rainbow bubbles... ~Vili
So, now you all know what I look like.

We're creating a HW RPG! Come check it out!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:59 pm 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

I love to start them! It's so exciting and intriguing to describe their situations, to keep things a mystery, to explain the way my character looks. Thus I have started so many stories and never finished them - kind of pathetic, really.

"I don't agree with you," said the bachelor.
The Storyteller, By Saki

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]