Login | Register

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: WIP Continues
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:31 am 
Foundational Member
Foundational Member

Location: The Running Rivers, Tall Forests, and Mighty Mountains of the Northwest
Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Yeah, I've been gone for awhile. While I've been gone, some interesting changes have occurred in Eartea. I don't have time to go in-depth about them at the moment, so I'll summarize.

The Kins of the Huri have gone through some pretty striking changes. The War Huri are still around, but I've scrapped everything else. What I'm trying to do now is mix animal forms with human forms. For example, I have race of blue-scaled Huri with wings. I also have a race of Eagle-headed Huri with wings, and talons rather than hands or feet. There is also a group of wolf-headed creatures in the works, but I'm not sure exactly what they look like yet.

The globe itself has been changed. The two suns of Eartea go through a solar cycle of four seasons (like our seasons, only more long-term), each of which is one year in length. However, each of these seasons contains four smaller lunar seasons, caused by the orbit of a fourth moon around Eartea. Unlike the three moons orbiting the equator, this moon travels in an elliptical path between the poles. This creates a set of four micro seasons within each solar season.

Originally, only my humans were nomads during ancient times. Now, both the Elves and humans live nomadic life-styles. Elves resemble the Arabs and have a complicated, sophisticated culture, while humans live more like Native Americans, following their food sources across the landscape.

Those are all the major changes. Significant changes have also come upon my novels. Most notably, the Rings (not that you know what they are) have now morphed into The Mark (explanations will be posted in the Cobha area soon). Last, but not least, I've gained a clear understanding of what the future holds for Eartea, especially in regards to the apocalyptic Division of Stones. (Of course, you don't know about that, either. Perhaps I'll share, someday.)

Redemption is to be purchased, to have a price paid. So I was redeemed from my master sin, and from justice, which demanded my death. For He paid the price of sin by becoming sin, and met the demands of justice by dying for us.

For all men have a master. But a man cannot have two masters. For he will love one and hate the other. You cannot serve God and sin. So I die to the old, as He died, and I am resurrected to the new, as He was resurrected.

Note: Ebed is Hebrew for bondsman, Eleutheros is Greek for unrestrained (not a slave).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: WIP Continues
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:10 am 
Captain
Captain

Sex: Female
:D Welcome back Neil! We have missed you.

It sounds like your world is coming on well! I would love to hear more about Wolf headed creatures! :D They sound scarey! I like the two suns idea, it seems very original. :dieshappy:

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king

J. R. R. Tolkien

My favourite quote: "God will give His kindness for you to use when your own runs out."

Pippin's Waggy Tales

Autumn Leaves

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: WIP Continues
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:46 pm 

Sex: Female
Neil!! You're purple now, huh? :)

It's hard to hold a candle in the cold November rain... -November Rain, Guns'NRoses
Romans 12:18- If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]