Login | Register

Post subject: So, I wrote a Marvel fanfiction and I need input
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:06 pm 
Writer
Writer

Sex: Male
Are you a published author?: No
Hey! So lately, I've been a big part of the Marvel fan community. I've pretty much completely backed out of it as of now; if anyone knows what Amino is or uses it, I was known as Longshot, and was a staff member on the Marvel Amino and am now known as Dugan, lol. Anyway, this fanfiction came as a result of a series of role plays I headed up centering around an alternate universe where the characters of Marvel either attended or taught at Avengers Academy. It originally as based of off the app of the same name, but pretty quickly became an entirely unique story. Unfortunately, due to a lot of drama and three (yes, THREE XD) "reboots" on my part, it finally came to a close early this January.

*mourns over the RP grave* Lol

Anyway, after officially shutting it down, I decided to rewrite it as a small fanfiction on Wattpad. It has a teeny-tiny audience as of now, and I'm trying to get a chapter out about once a week. Being my first serious fanfiction series, aside from a few failed attempts, I'm in the learning process of figuring out how to write fiction in a long, continuing format. I'm pretty out of my league after being spoiled on roleplaying for the last couple of years, lol. But yeah, some feedback would be great, as I really have no idea what I am doing, and I really need some tips on how to improve it as a whole. I'm kind of in a constant cycle of having too many main characters, too much "in-the-head" expositional dialogues that don't have much affect on the story and lots and LOTS of "teleporting" between rooms and scenarios.

At least, that's what I think while reading it. I'm still really unsure of how to write it like an acceptable young adult novel. So yeah, feedback and tips would be awesome! I don't offend easily, and I literally tear apart my stories myself, so rip it to shreds if you'd like, lol. I favor brutal honesty XD

The link can be found here:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/133531404-%E2%97%8B-avengers-academy-season-one-%E2%97%8B

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: So, I wrote a Marvel fanfiction and I need input
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sex: Female
Are you a published author?: Yes
Marvel. :cool:

I am way behind on everything, so I can't read anything this weekend... But you could harass me later? :D (I will forget if left to my own devices, haha.)

Penoaks Publishing: Independent Publishing, Professional Quality

Offline Profile